Wafer Handling Equipment
Effective handling of fragile products
The market of solar cell manufacturing is extremely dynamic. Long-term fundamental research and short-term product solutions are continuously balanced against each other, and also have to comply with increasingly high standards. The client was forced to come up with a fast upgrading of the production line.
Assignment: Bridging the Challenge
Come up with a short term product solution for a quick market fix. Take care of concept engineering, mechanical design and realization of handling equipment for wafers. The handling equipment comes in-line with the production machine for a more efficient input and output. Fragile silicium wafers (0,5 mm thickness) are charged and placed from cassettes, with a capacity of 1.100 wafers/hour.
- Tight project management and a no-nonsense approach, with attention for critical indicators.
- Competition engineering to guarantee the lead time.
- Make tough decisions about ‘nice’ and ‘need’ in close consultation with the client, to keep an eye on the short term goals.
- Gradual execution of concept design, mechanical and detail engineering; design in Pro/Engineer.
- Support from analyses with the aid of Finite Elements Method.
- Delivery of complete construction file.
- Direct control of production with the partner.
Resultaat: Go beat the Competition!
Quick realization of an innovative solution of handling, transporting and input/output for the product machine, with more effective handling of fragile products. Not only was the in-line handling equipment designed and realized within the short-term objective and budget, but the machine also complies with the high yield standard of the client.
Producer of Solar cell production equipment
Get in contact
Do you want more information about our programs? Or are you curious what we can do for you?
Feel free to get in contact with us.