The market of solar cell manufacturing is extremely dynamic. Long-term fundamental research and short-term product solutions are continuously balanced against each other, and also have to comply with increasingly high standards. The client was forced to come up with a fast upgrading of the production line.
Assignment: Bridging the Challenge
Come up with a short term product solution for a quick market fix. Take care of concept engineering, mechanical design and realization of handling equipment for wafers. The handling equipment comes in-line with the production machine for a more efficient input and output. Fragile silicium wafers (0,5 mm thickness) are charged and placed from cassettes, with a capacity of 1.100 wafers/hour.
- Tight project management and a no-nonsense approach, with attention for critical indicators.
- Competition engineering to guarantee the lead time.
- Make tough decisions about ‘nice’ and ‘need’ in close consultation with the client, to keep an eye on the short term goals.
- Gradual execution of concept design, mechanical and detail engineering; design in Pro/Engineer.
- Support from analyses with the aid of Finite Elements Method.
- Delivery of complete construction file.
- Direct control of production with the partner.
Resultaat: Go beat the Competition!
Quick realization of an innovative solution of handling, transporting and input/output for the product machine, with more effective handling of fragile products. Not only was the in-line handling equipment designed and realized within the short-term objective and budget, but the machine also complies with the high yield standard of the client.