Hot Blast Stove
From history based to knowledge based engineering
The market for steel and steel products is characterized by worldwide competition and increased precision in the compound of a great many types of steel. This requires very specific blast furnace formulas and furnaces that are constructed very precisely, with a high degree of risk prevention.
Assignment: Bridging the Future
Double the output of tender engineers in the design trajectory for blast furnace stoves, reduce the risk and improve the quality of the design trajectory.
Post en Dekker has taken stock of and analysed the available design knowledge of the client’s engineering team. On the basis of this, a generic product structure and a set of knowledge rules were determined in a product configurator. The results of a configuration session, an order bound product model, are used to generate ouput in the form of CAD (3D/2D geometry) and BOM.
Resultaat: Go Smart!
- Design automation;
- The product configurator can accurately generate proposal designs;
- Design and cost estimation within one hour;
- Reduction of engineering effort and improvement of lead time with 60%;
- Increased quality of design in 3D/2D CAD;
- Significant reduction of project risks by predictability of the order continuation;
- Simple access and management of product and knowledge structure;
- Proposal design in 1 hour;
- Order engineering – 60%;
- more than 2500 3D/2D CAD files.
Danieli Corus, Velsen
“Post en Dekker has a clear vision on engineering processes and is able to design and implement reliable engineering solutions. With their vision of knowledge based engineering we are now able to flawlessly design all variants of the product family in a quick and efficient manner.”
Get in contact
Do you want more information about our programs? Or are you curious what we can do for you?
Feel free to get in contact with us.