The market for steel and steel products is characterized by worldwide competition and increased precision in the compostition of a great many types of steel. This requires extremely specific blast furnace formulas and furnaces that are constructed very precisely, with a high degree of risk prevention.
Assignment: Bridging the Future
Realize considerable gain of time in global proposal trajectories for formula-specific blast furnaces, improve the quality of proposal designs and reduce project risks.
The blast furnace is for each project a client-specific design with a product structure which is a combination of assembly-to-order (ATO) and engineer-to-order (ETO) modules and parts. Post en Dekker has mapped out and secured the knowledge and configuration rules in a product configurator. The generic design of the blast furnace has been recorded in 3D CAD and is driven from the configurator. Key-users have been trained to maintain and extend the configurator. The output of the configurator consists of a proposal design and a cost estimation. This creates a supply chain that is 100% configure-to-order.
Result: Go Smart!
- The product configurator, powered by Tacton, can generate accurate proposal designs;
- 100% configure-to-order (CTO);
- Design and cost estimation within one hour;
- Increased quality of proposal design in 3D/2D CAD;
- Reduction of project risks by predictability of the design;
- Simple access and management of product and knowledge structure.
PCF is powered by TACTON.